Introducing ad2action (Version 1.5 Phoenix)
These Release Notes cover what's new, usage instructions, known issues and frequently asked questions. Please read these notes and the bug filing instructions before reporting any bugs to ad2action. To Report bugs or provide feedback & suggestions Click Here.
What's New in the Phoenix version?
Visual Refresh: ad2action's website and back office user interface have been updated to improve usability without altering the familiarity of the browsing experience.
Account Management Area: There is a new area that has enhanced functionality for managing your account. This area is located in your back office and provides you an easy method for managing your account details, credit cards, support tickets, affiliate commissions, downloads etc.
Better Navigation: We have updated the process a person will go through when creating a campaign. This new and improved process is designed to eliminate unnecessary options that might cause confusion and sense of direction.
Banner Builder: We have added an incredible banner builder, making it simple and easy to created high impact banners with just a few clicks of the mouse. The banner builder will add the appropriate links to your campaigns on the fly. No programming or Graphical Experience Needed!
Newsletter Ability: We added an area to send all the contacts in your CRM manager a blast email. Simply select all contacts and click "Send Mail" from the drop down.
In Context Editing Updates: We resolved many bugs and issues related to the editor a person uses when updating the their campaign. Issues such as adding font color, size, layout etc have been fixed. Items such as adding video and pictures have also undergone improvements.
Coupon Creator: This release includes a robust coupon builder. A person can add a coupon to their landing page by simply designing the coupon using the new coupon builder and dragging and dropping it into the desired location on the offer page.
Scribbles: We have added a new feature to the editor within the campaign creation area. This new feature allows a person to add arrows, call-out text, scribbles, etc to their offer page.
New Design Options: We have continued to increase our library of designs by introducing several new design to the existing industries. We have also included many new custom template options as well, making the ad2action system even more robust.
Digital Delivery Restrictions: You can now restrict your digital downloads based upon the number of downloads you receive. If you are selling an e-book or delivering content via ad2action you can control the exposure by restricting user downloads.
Extended search plug-in format: The Firefox search engine format now supports search engine plug-ins written in Sherlock and OpenSearch formats and allows search engines to provide search term suggestions.
Free Product Package: With this release we have introduced a new FREE product for those who want to test drive ad2action before committing to a paying plan.
Automated Upgrades: You no longer have to wait 24-72 hours for a product upgrade. If you want to upgrade from a basic package to a more advanced package, all you have to do is click the upgrade link and your account will upgrade on the fly.
Access Invoices: From your back office, you can now access a complete list of all your financial statements, invoices, email history etc.
New Knowledge-base: Access additional training and educational resources from our new knowledge-base.
- New Ticketing System: ad2action introduces a brand new support ticketing system. This system will track all your support tickets and provide you full reporting on all open tickets. You will receive updates regarding your open tickets and receive notifications once they are closed.
- SMS support from over 200 Cellular Provides: As ad2action continues to grow worldwide, the demand for more support SMS gateways is apparent. With this release we now offer over 200 providers that reach into most major countries around the world.
- Integration into Posterous: Want to automate your blogging, tweeting, wall posting? This new version is integrated into Posterous. Simply setup a series of messages you want posted using the auto-responder system. Subscribe your posterous email and sit back and let us do all the work!
- Secondary Email Notification of Leads: You can now have two emails notified of new leads at the same time.
This list covers some of the known problems with ad2action (Release 1.5 Phoenix). Please read this before reporting any new bugs.
- Browser Conflicts with Editor: We have tested the editor in the latest browsers and have discovered a few bugs related to text editing. It is our recommendation that you use Firefox in the event you run into a bug with the editor. Submit the bug with details related to the browser you used when encountering the bug. We are sorry but older browsers are simply not supported with ad2action.
- Uploading of images: When you upload images to the system, please make sure the size of the image does not exceed the current recommend size. If you do not know how to optimize an image please refer to youtube or google for help. We are aware that some areas of the system that allow for image upload may not have complete error reporting in an event the image is to big. If your image does not appear, try to make it smaller in size and re-upload it.
- Username & Passwords: With this update we have moved our system over to a standard of using emails as usernames. From today forward all new users will be required to supply an email for a username. You will use your email address to login to ad2action. By moving to this standard we are able to bridge our technology with 3rd party providers such as Facebook, SalesForce.com and other 3rd party solution providers. If you have an existing account your username will remain the same and you will not be required to supply an email as a username.
- Videos on Mobile Devices: If you are embedding video into your page from a 3rd party site such as Youtube, Facebook etc. your videos may not play on 3rd party mobile devices. If your video provider supports HTML5 this should not become a problem.
- If you encounter strange problems relating to copying and pasting text into your landing page from 3rd party applications such as Microsoft Word, Other Websites, Skype, Publisher, Open Office etc. you need to be aware that these programs may include additional formatting and encoding of their content. This happens a lot with Microsoft word and can become very frustrating when working with content. We recommend you never cut & paste any text without first removing all it's formatting. You can do this by pasting it first into an application on Windows called NotePad or Text Edit on Mac. You can also get additional help on this topic by visiting our knowledge-base or searching for a tutorial on Youtube.
- If you encounter strange problems relating viewing content please increase your screen resolution.
- Videos appear too big for the text area. Oftentimes when you cut and paste video embed code, the code will specify the height and width and it may need to be re-sized for proper viewing. Click on the HTML tag in the editor and modify the height and width if this happens to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this upgrade FREE? YES.
- Do I need to do anything to get the upgrade? No, the upgrade will be automatic for you.
- Do you provide training on the new features? YES. We offer many new education resources. Click on Training Center in your back office for more details.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011